The CAS Torch - Official Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Public Ad Student is MBD Scholar

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Public Ad Student is MBD Scholar Empty Public Ad Student is MBD Scholar Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:10 am

Krismalene Soriano

Krismalene Soriano

Public Ad Student is MBD Scholar

Herelyn Rubion, a 4th year A.B. Public Administration student is a scholar of Manila’s Best Dressed (MBD) this school year 2011-2012.  The scholarship was granted to her by Mr. Karr M. Marin, Founding Chairman/CEO of Manila’s Best Dressed together with three other scholars from the RSU Main Campus.

Public Ad Student is MBD Scholar Kar_ma10

Mr. Marin gave Herelyn the scholarship after knowing about her predicament.  She is not supposedly enrolling this year due to financial constraints but her adviser and Chairman of the A.B. Public Administration Department, Mr. Mark G. Calimbo, helped her through an endorsement to the MBD Scholarship. “I don’t want her to stop because she’s a graduating student.  I know that this means a lot to her and to her family and the only way I could help is through the Manila’s Best Dressed.  I have heard of MBD in the past and its generosity through the offering of scholarships to the less fortunate young people in our province,” said Mr. Calimbo.

Ms. Rubion for her part is thankful of the opportunity given to her.  She has enjoyed the scholarship and this had served as her inspiration.  She’s now at the Office of the Governor as an intern completing 300 hours for the subject  Internship in Government Administration. “Nagpapasalamat po ako ng lubos kay Tito Kar M. Marin at sa bumubuo ng Manila’s Best Dressed.  Yong scholarship po ay isang advance graduation gift para sa akin dahil nakapagpatuloy po ako ng pag-aaral at magtatapos po hopefully this March,” echoed Herelyn.  

Ms. Rubion for her part is thankful of the opportunity given to her.  She has enjoyed the scholarship and this had served as her inspiration.  She’s now at the Office of the Governor as an intern completing 300 hours for the subject  Internship in Government Administration. “Nagpapasalamat po ako ng lubos kay Tito Kar M. Marin at sa bumubuo ng Manila’s Best Dressed.  Yong scholarship po ay isang advance graduation gift para sa akin dahil nakapagpatuloy po ako ng pag-aaral at magtatapos po hopefully this March,” echoed Herelyn.  

When asked what advise she could give to young people her age, Herelyn has this to say, “H indi natin kasalanan na ipinanganak tayong mahirap, pero kasalanan ng maituturing yong mamatay kang mahirap pa din.  Ibig sabihin kasi nun ay wala kang ginawa para mapaunlad ang buhay mo.  Yong advise ko po is mag-aral habang me pagkakataon na makapag-aral at wag sayangin yong chance na binibigay para mapaunlad ang buhay.”

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum